Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A meatloaf recipe I got from my mother years ago.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 slices fresh bread, crumbled
- 1 cup finely grated raw carrot
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Beat eggs with a fork until frothy.
- Add milk, salt, pepper and bread, beat until bread disintegrates.
- Add carrots, onion, green onion, soup mix, cheddar and hamburger.
- Mix well and pack into a 9 x 5 pan.
- Combine sugar, ketchup and mustard and spread on top.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Can be served hot or cold.