Recipe by LeeAnn
Everyone in my family loves these. Dad keeps asking me to make them and send them over. Great ginger and molasses flavour.
Top Review by Lennie
These soft gingersnaps are exactly the cookie I have been looking for! They're very easy to make, and the dough keeps well in the fridge for a day or so if you don't want to make the whole batch at once. I baked them (one-inch balls) for exactly 10 minutes -- they look like they're not done when you take them off the pan, but they firm up quickly so, if you want a soft cookie, don't bake them any longer. Absolutely delicious, LeeAnn!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (separate for rolling cookies in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter till soft, gradually add sugar.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Roll into balls, then roll in sugar.
- Bake 10- 12 minutes.
- Cooking time depends on the size of cookie.
- I have small children so I make them quite small and the baking time decreases.
- The yield is not correct- It depends on the size of the cookie- I do not know the amount it will make?