Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everyone in my family loves these. Dad keeps asking me to make them and send them over. Great ginger and molasses flavour.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (separate for rolling cookies in)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter till soft, gradually add sugar.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Roll into balls, then roll in sugar.
- Bake 10- 12 minutes.
- Cooking time depends on the size of cookie.
- I have small children so I make them quite small and the baking time decreases.
- The yield is not correct- It depends on the size of the cookie- I do not know the amount it will make?
These soft gingersnaps are exactly the cookie I have been looking for! They're very easy to make, and the dough keeps well in the fridge for a day or so if you don't want to make the whole batch at once. I baked them (one-inch balls) for exactly 10 minutes -- they look like they're not done when you take them off the pan, but they firm up quickly so, if you want a soft cookie, don't bake them any longer. Absolutely delicious, LeeAnn!
These were so good, and smelled so delicious while baking, I couldn't wait for the first batch to cool to try one. Was really wonderful!!
Hi i recently did this recipe and it turned out to be a hit ..everyone loves them so much .. so i didn't have ginger so u used all spice and they still tasted amazing .. I will be doing this recipe again and this time i have ginger LOL ..thanks so much .