8 hrs 15 mins
Thick and fragrant of vanilla, this sweet summer breakfast pudding was a special treat that my mother made when I was little. It's definitely not your everyday cereal and is good plain or served with berries. Prep time includes chilling overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix farina, sugar and salt.
- 2In a saucepan, bring milk to a boil then briskly stir in farina mixture.
- 3Lower heat, cooking and stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- 4Add butter, then remove from heat and sir in eggs and vanilla.
- 5(Eggs will cook from the heat, but you may use pasteurized frozen egg product if you wish.) Pour mixture into individual custard cups rinsed in cold water.
- 6Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled (unmolded or not) with crushed berries, if you wish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Farina Breakfast Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.7 mg
- Sodium 459.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g