Stormy Day Breakfast Bread Pudding
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8" x 8" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- Add bread cubes and mix well. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Arrange place pears over bread and sprinkle entire top with cinnamon.
- Mix topping ingredients of oatmeal, brown sugar and melted butter together.
- Sprinkle over bread & pears.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made a lot of unsuccessful bread puddings and this is my first really successful one. This is light, moist, crunchy and just the right amount of spice. I loved the idea of the pears, and will try other fruit in the future. Thanks for a recipe that can be a great breakfast or with vanilla ice cream a great finish to a dinner. Carole in Orlando
This is sinful--having dessert for breakfast! I used egg substitute in place of the eggs and Splenda Brown Sugar blend for the brown sugar. Instead of sprinkling the cinnamon over the pears, I added about 1/2 teaspoon to the egg mixture. Also, the topping was asking for nuts and I tossed in a handful of chopped pecans. As I said, it is sinful.