Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My family and friends all love this incredibly easy recipe. It produces a thick, hearty sauce with a ton of flavor. Additional meat can be added (I add meatballs and a combination of sweet and spicy sausage as my budget affords). Enjoy! Note: The longer you allow the sauce to simmer, the better the flavor. If I'm home, I usually let the sauce simmer for the better part of the day on the stove or cook it overnight in a crock pot.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 carton mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 stick pepperoni, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 dash smoked TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon oregano, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in large stock pot (or crock pot if cooking overnight).
- Allow sauce to simmer on low heat until all vegetables are soft and meats are cooked through.
- Sprinkle top with pepper (I use about 3/4 tbsp).
- After a few hours, taste the sauce. If it is a little acidic, add the sugar and continue to simmer.
- Serve with favorite pasta and Parmesan cheese.