8 hrs 15 mins
Chef #631739's Note:
My family and friends all love this incredibly easy recipe. It produces a thick, hearty sauce with a ton of flavor. Additional meat can be added (I add meatballs and a combination of sweet and spicy sausage as my budget affords). Enjoy! Note: The longer you allow the sauce to simmer, the better the flavor. If I'm home, I usually let the sauce simmer for the better part of the day on the stove or cook it overnight in a crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 carton mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 stick pepperoni, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 dash smoked TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon oregano, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients in large stock pot (or crock pot if cooking overnight).
- 2Allow sauce to simmer on low heat until all vegetables are soft and meats are cooked through.
- 3Sprinkle top with pepper (I use about 3/4 tbsp).
- 4After a few hours, taste the sauce. If it is a little acidic, add the sugar and continue to simmer.
- 5Serve with favorite pasta and Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Famous Hearty Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 1548.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: