Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
my mom's apple dumplings are famous in my family and they are really easy to make. my mom makes her own pie crust but i do better with frozen. feel free to use your own crust recipe though!
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen pie crusts
- 4 small apples
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- roll out pie crust. cut into 4 even sections.
- peel, core, and quarter apples.
- place 1 whole apple into 1 section of dough. fill with 1 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, and 1 pat of butter. bring up sides of dough to enclose apple. place in greased baking dish.
- repeat with rest of apples.
- bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until apples are soft.