Recipe by Sean 72
My Mom's incredible recipe. Don't miss the Gruyere cheese, it adds a great taste to the salad as does the Garlic and Tabasco. Goes great with "Mom's Garlic Bread"!
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil (extra virgin preferably)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves (or more if you like!)
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1⁄8 cup shredded parmesan cheese (Kraft shaker is ok)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese (or to taste)
- 1 cup crouton (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat Egg Yolks with Salt.
- Add reamining dressing ingredients and shake well in a tightly closed container.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour for flavors to mingle.
- Toss into ripped Romaine (Romaine to be washed and well dried) and until all lettuce id lightly coated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, Gruyere and Croutons.
- Light toss and serve!