Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Melt in your mouth good. No breadcrumbs.
Make and share this Mom's Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 fresh tomatoes, halved
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, in baking dish greased with 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- Mix garlic, parsley and olive oil, pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Made these as a side for grilled steak and they were absolutely wonderful! Made as written but may try them with fresh basil next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
It took awhile but my garden tomatoes finally arrived and so I made these last evening! Boy are they delicious. I made them with thick slices of tomatoes and used fresh basil in place of parsley. I also added a little salt and pepper to the 'maters before sprinkling on the Parmesan. Served with BBQ Chicken and New Peas & New Potatoes. Will definitely keep this handy for summer tomatoes. Thanks, laurenpie.
"Melt-in-your-mouth-good", no doubt! These are mouthwatering-delectable, and ready in minutes. I had only one beefsteak tomato left, so I sliced it for more portions. Thanks, laurenpie! Made for PAC Spring 2011.