Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Melt in your mouth good. No breadcrumbs.
- 4 fresh tomatoes, halved
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, in baking dish greased with 1/2 tsp olive oil.
- Mix garlic, parsley and olive oil, pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Made these as a side for grilled steak and they were absolutely wonderful! Made as written but may try them with fresh basil next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Yummy! I would use more cheese next time .Thanks for posting the recipe
It took awhile but my garden tomatoes finally arrived and so I made these last evening! Boy are they delicious. I made them with thick slices of tomatoes and used fresh basil in place of parsley. I also added a little salt and pepper to the 'maters before sprinkling on the Parmesan. Served with BBQ Chicken and New Peas & New Potatoes. Will definitely keep this handy for summer tomatoes. Thanks, laurenpie.