Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are best right out of the oven when the tops are still crispy. Pull off muffin top and serve with butter. Delicious :)
- 4 bananas, regular size and overripe
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- Put bananas in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sugar and egg.
- Add melted butter and blend together.
- Pour wet ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- gently stir dry ingredients into wet until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter should be slightly lumpy. Stir only until you can no longer see any flour.
- pour batter into lined muffin tin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- let cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. These are best enjoyed still warm served with butter.
These muffins turned out perfectly! I loved the blender technique - it really simplified the preparation. Thanks for posting!
WOW!!! These are a delight!! The blender idea was inspiring! This came together like a dream, tastrs fabulous, and smells wonderful!! The tops are a lovely light brown! Wonderful!! These look like something you could buy in a bakery! Thanks!!