Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This rich dipping sauce comes courtesy of my wonderful brother-in-law ... a very good cook! I had this at his house and blackmailed my sister into sneaking out the recipe to me. Worth it!!!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least one hour.
Awesome dip! DH and I did not talk at all during dinner (a sure sign that the food is good!) except for the occasional "mmm's" and "oh, this is good". As far as we're concerned, this is the only way to have artichokes now. I made it exactly as written except for the tarragon (I thought I had some but did not). It was wonderful. I cannot imagine how the tarragon could have made it any better! Thank you for posting!
Just made this sauce to have with Tyler Florence's Steamed Artichokes. OMG it is sooooo good. Great even without waiting for the flavors to marry, but if you do let them blend, it is absolutely awesome. I put mine in a small glass canning jar and placed in the refrigerator. Stellar.
Delicious!!!!!! Just what I was looking for and I had all the ingredients on hand. I would add a dab of Dijon mustard rather than cayenne pepper. It goes so well with the mayo.