Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is how I grew up eating pepper steak. You can make this with any color bell pepper, and it is sure to please anybody! Great with rolls and butter to sop up the extra sauce!
- 2 bell peppers (cut into thin strips)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb sirloin strip steak (cut into thin strips)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Saute peppers, mushrooms, oregano, and garlic in the olive oil until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from the pan and drain the liquid.
- Melt the butter and saute the meat on high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms, salt, and sherry and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice!