Recipe by WorkNMomma
This recipe is a mash-up of a few other recipes that I've made for my family in the past that received 3- or 4-star ratings from my children. This combination finally achieved the 5-star rating I was going for, even with my very picky 13-year-old. It's going into our regular rotation, and I hope you'll enjoy it with your family too!
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided (1/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (can use mixed grated cheese also)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Roll out the crescent rolls in the bottom of the dish. Smooth dough to ensure a solid layer in the bottom of the dish, and work some up the sides of the dish (as much as possible).
- Brown ground beef in a skillet.
- Sprinkle ground beef in a layer on top of the crescent roll crust.
- Melt butter and sautee onions. Sprinkle in seasoning salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add hash browns and heat through.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, milk, chives and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and about 3/4 cup grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.