When you cut into these warm cakes, their molten center flows out. You can assemble these in advance. (Up to 24 hours ahead, refrigerate and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. Up to 2 weeks ahead, freeze and pop them in the oven for 16 minutes.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease eight 6-ounce custard cups and dust with granulated sugar.
- 3In heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine chocolate, butter and cream; heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter and chocolate melt and mixture is smooth.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Add vanilla; with wire whisk, stir in flour just until mixture is smooth.
- 6In medium bowl,with mixer at high speed, beat sugar, eggs, and yolks until thick and lemon-colored, about 10 minutes.
- 7Fold egg mixture, one-third at a time, into chocolate mixture until blended.
- 8Divide batter evenly among prepared custard cups.
- 9Place cups in jelly-roll pan.
- 10Bake until edge of cake is set but center still jiggles, 8 to 9 minutes.
- 11Cool in pan on wire rack for 3 minutes.
- 12Run thin knife around cakes to loosen from sides of cups; invert onto dessert plates.
- 13Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molten Chocolate Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 146.0 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g