Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When you cut into these warm cakes, their molten center flows out. You can assemble these in advance. (Up to 24 hours ahead, refrigerate and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. Up to 2 weeks ahead, freeze and pop them in the oven for 16 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease eight 6-ounce custard cups and dust with granulated sugar.
- In heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine chocolate, butter and cream; heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter and chocolate melt and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla; with wire whisk, stir in flour just until mixture is smooth.
- In medium bowl,with mixer at high speed, beat sugar, eggs, and yolks until thick and lemon-colored, about 10 minutes.
- Fold egg mixture, one-third at a time, into chocolate mixture until blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared custard cups.
- Place cups in jelly-roll pan.
- Bake until edge of cake is set but center still jiggles, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 3 minutes.
- Run thin knife around cakes to loosen from sides of cups; invert onto dessert plates.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.