Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from my grandma's neighbor and is the best molasses sugar cookie I've ever had. Nice and soft and chewy--yum!
- 158.51 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml clove
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- Mix oil, sugar, molasses, and egg together.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- They may look slightly underdone when you take them out, but don't overbake or they won't be nice and chewy.
I made this for the first time this afternoon and they are fantastic! I had never heard of nor tried molasses sugar cookies before and was looking for something a little different for Christmas gift baskets. These cookies are a breeze to make and have such a nice flavor. I was a little concerned when I saw the measurements for the cloves and ginger thinking that it might be overpowering but they were perfect. I gave some to my elderly landlord who said these were like the ones his mother and grandmother used to make. These will definitely be a regular in our home especially around the holidays. Thank you so much for sharing.