Sugar Coated Molasses Cookies
photo by lilianb15
- Ready In:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the molasses and eggs.
- Separately, combine the dry ingredients, then slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
- When blended and smooth, roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch around.
- Dip the tops in sugar and place on greased or non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F or 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, then store in a tightly covered container to keep the cookies soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What more could anyone ask for but an old fashioned soft, chewy, flavorful molasses cookie; this recipe truly fits that description! They look wonderful on a Christmas cookie tray, and bring back old memories (as per the 7th grade secretary at my daughter's school). I used a Kitchen Aide mixer and had no diffuclty mixing in the flour. I rolled each cookie in the granulated sugar rather than on just the tops of each cookie. Baked them for 10 minutes and had 70 one-inch round cookies. These were a huge hit at my daughter's school and husband's work.