Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a thin bar cookie packed full of flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- Cream the butter and the sugars then add the egg.
- Combine the milk and molasses and add to the dough.
- Sift together the flour, soda, salt and spices and slowly stir inches.
- Bake in an ungreased 13x9 pan for 25 minutes in a 300 degree oven.
- Do not cut into bars until cool - they will crumble and break otherwise.
These cookies came out soft and delicious. I loved to big amount of spices in them especially the ginger and cinnamon.
I had problem to remove them from the pan, I used a silicon spatula for this.
In any case they came soooo delicious that I think I will make these again and take some photos for your recipe.
These cookies came out more like a very thin sponge cake, but oh so delicious!! I used gluten free flour and lined my tin with non stick paper so I could just lift the baked thing out of the pan and then cut on a cutting board. Really delicious! Thanks for sharing :)