Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This makes a moist cornbread. One I have made for years. Reheats in microwave well.
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 3 eggs
- Turn oven on to 300 degrees.
- In large bowl mix together dry ingredients, first 5 ingredients.
- In smaller bowl mix together wet ingredients, last 4 ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to larger bowl of dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Grease an 8-9 inch cast iron pan with pam.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 1 (one) hour.
I used this recipe and did not substitute anything!It came out great and just like the title incredibly moist. Will definitely use this recipe for now on!Thanks
This is a very good recipe! DH is skeptical when it comes to corn bread...he's had too many dried out recipes...this one is perfect! I served it with navy bean soup and it was perfect!! Thank you Shidal!!