Extra Moist Cornbread with Sour Cream
This cornbread remains moist and is so good! We really enjoy it with soups or chili.
- Ready In:
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat)
- 1 1⁄2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Lightly grease a 13"X9" pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Beat eggs until light, then add the oil and the salt.
- Continue to mix this together and add the creamed corn, the sour cream and finally, the muffin mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Add extra taste to the recipe using some of the following if you wish: 1 small can diced (and drained) geen chilies, 1/2-3/4 cup grated cheese (Monterey Jack or medium cheddar work well).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 36 more