Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is the best banana bread I have ever had. I buy really ripe bananas just so I can make this :-) Got the recipe years ago from my friend Rachel. We used to beg her to make this for us in college! I think the moistness is due to the 1/2 cup of oil - I didn't say it was the healthiest banana bread around, but it is worth the extra time on the treadmill!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 414.03 ml flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml milk
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14-118.29 ml walnuts (optional)
- Combine the oil, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Add the baking soda and flour.
- Combine well for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
So good but 1.5 cups of sugar? I only used 1/2 cup and was perfect. You really don't need all that sugar, bananas are already so sweet on their own. That being said, loved the recipe. Cooked for the time indicated and it was perfect!
I have substituted yogurt for vegetable oil and the result came out awesome! Very moist!
Loved it...very moist...but I baked it for only 1 hr 10 min took it out 10 minutes before it says.