1/1 Photo of Modern Twist on Fruitcake W/ White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
1 hr 20 mins
I've played a bit with a combination of recipes and this one my family loved!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
- 1Beat butter, sugar, salt, eggs, milk, rum, and baking powder till well mixed.
- 2Add in flour and mix well.
- 3Gently fold in the fruit, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- 4Pour into a buttered and floured 9 1/2" by 5 1/2" bread pan.
- 5Bake in preheated 350°F oven until browned or about 60-75 minutes.
- 6Let stand in pan a few minutes then remove and place on rack to cool completely.
- 7While cooling melt white chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- 8Combine frosting ingredients and beat well with mixer.
- 9Frost cool cake and let it flow over the sides.
- 10Can garnish with leftover fruit, nuts, or maraschino cherries cut into shapes.
- 11Freezes well but I prefer mine without the icing until it's thawed or it ends up separating and getting icky.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Modern Twist on Fruitcake W/ White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.3
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: