Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is also known as Mock Sembei.
- 1 (1 large) box Crispix cereal
- 1⁄2 cup prepared sesame seeds and fresh seaweed (Nori Goma Furikake)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or more)
- 10 -12 drops Tabasco sauce
- Spread cereal in a large baking pan.
- Heat together the margarine, salad oil, syrup, sugar, soy sauce and Tabasco.
- Pour mixture over cereal and stir gently.
- Pour prepared sesame seeds and seaweed over the cereal and stir again.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour, stirring cereal every 15 minutes.
- Add more prepared sesame seeds and seaweed if desired.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
My family loves this! I'm from Alaska so we pick and dry our own Seaweed, and I omit sesame seeds. Everything else is the same.