- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 22 saltine crackers
- 1 pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, water, cream of tartar and butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the mixture and continue to boil for approximately 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Crush the saltine crackers and put in a 9-inch unbaked pie crust. Pour mixture from saucepan into the pie crust and sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done. Serves 8.
- Dorothy Nuckols, Indiana