Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so good. My kids love it. I don't remember where I got this recipe.
Make and share this Mock Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan with pastry.
- In a pot, boil water, sugar and cream of tartar, stirring until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add the whole crackers (do not break up) and boily ONLY 1 minute.
- Spoon the mixture gently into the pie shell, dot the top with butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar to taste.
- Cover the pie with the top crust and cut several vents.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely so that it becomes firm before cutting the first slice.