Recipe by Chef Elizabeth Ann
Dense and fudgy muffins
Top Review by Outta Here
Very tasty! Like a brownie. I left out the chocolate chips, and these were quite rich enough without them. If I add them next time, i would cut the amount of sugar/Splenda. I used some prune "butter" (Lekvar) that I had already made. Very moist muffin for being so low in fat.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular (artificial sweetener)
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lecithin granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dried prunes
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups brewed coffee, plus
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, sugars, cocoa,baking powder, baking soda,lecithin, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place prunes and 6 Tbsp water. Process on high til mixture is smooth. Place prune mixture in a bowl with coffee and vanilla extract. Stir to mix well. Add flour mixture to prune mixture, stir to mix well.
- Line muffin cups and fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, being careful not to overbake(They should spring back when lightly touched). Immediately after removing from the oven, place 8 chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Allow to sit until soft and then spread the softened chips with a spatula.