Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. It's better than anything I've had at the well known coffee shops. Be prepared to share this recipe with your friends.
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup instant coffee (1 cup for stronger coffee flavor)
- 2 -3 tablespoons hershey cocoa powder
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 cup Hershey's syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pint French vanilla flavored coffee creamer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Warm 2 cups of milk and stir in sugar, coffee and cocoa until desolved.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Freeze until slushy (approx. 5 hours).
Good but EXTREMELY sweet!! We ended up diluting it with milk and throwing it in the blender. Also, it makes a huge batch as written. If you aren't hosting a big party-I'd scale it down a lot! (As the only coffee lover in my house I have enough in my freezer for years to come from just one batch!) A good recipe but just a bit too sweet for me.