1/2 Photos of Mocha Chiffon Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Special occasion cake, heavenly taste. We have used for birthday cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder or 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
Cocoa whipped cream
- 1For the cake: Dissolve coffee powder in hot water, cool to room temperature.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stir until well mixed.
- 3Make a well in center, add oil, egg yolks, vanilla and cooled coffee.
- 4Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- 5In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- 6Pour batter over egg whites, fold in carefully, adding grated chocolate towards the end.
- 7Spoon batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- 8Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 9Turn pan upside down and let cake hang until cool.
- 10Remove from pan.
- 11Frost with cocoa whipped cream.
- 12For the whipped cream: In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla, stir to blend ingredients, but do not beat.
- 13Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 14Whip until soft peaks form.
- 15Frost cake.
- 16Garnish with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Chiffon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.6
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 164.8 mg
- Sodium 283.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g