Poppy Seed Chiffon Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great cake for company, very impressive.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Soak poppy seeds in 1C boiling water, cool.
- Beat egg whites w/cream of tartar until stiff.
- sift together dry ingredients.
- make a well in dry ingred.
- add canola oil, egg yolks, vanilla and poppy seed mixture Beat until smooth.
- Fold mixture into egg whites, do NOT stir.
- Pour into ungreased tube pan.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 1-1 1/4 Hour.
- Frost w/whipping cream or cream cheese frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Can't get much better than this! Very moist, just sweet enough, and light and fluffy. I noticed this is my grandma's same recipe and people flock to the church bake sale just to buy her baked goods, and this one is in the batch. We never use frosting. So good w/o it! A "must-have" recipe. Freezes well too!Reply
This is my favorite cake. I have been making this cake for years but found this recipe stating that the poppy seeds be soaked in boiling water until cooled as opposed to soaking the poppy seeds overnight. I made this cake for DH's birthday and such a hit it was.Everyone loved it. I hadn't made a poppy seed chiffon cake for a year or so and after making and tasting this cake , I realized how much we enjoy this cake. So happy I found your version of this recipe that is so much shorter. Thank-you!!!Reply