Recipe by looneytunesfan
Flecked with cherries and glistening with sugar, these dainty cookies always go over big. They're rich and tender with a pleasant chocolate-coffee flavor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- additional sugar
- melted semisweet chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to creamed mixture with cocoa. Add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and walnuts. Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325* for 20-22 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.