Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Utterly delectable. This cheesecake is rich and creamy. If you love coffee and chocolate you will love this!
- 2 cups chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, unbeaten
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons corn syrup
- Mix ingredients together and press firmly into a 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Combine coffee and vanilla in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve granules.
- Add eggs and coffee mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating until blended.
- Add cup of melted chocolate chips and heavy cream stirring until mixed.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 275º for 1 ½ hours in center of oven.
- Turn oven off and leave cake in for another 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and cool completely.
- Remove form sides of pan by running a butter knife around the inside edge. Release cake from sides of pan and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, combine ½ cup of chocolate chips and 1 T. margarine with 2 t. milk and 1 ½ t. corn syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Add extra milk as needed for spreading consistency.
- Spoon and gently spread over chilled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate shortly, but not until topping is set.
- Use a sharp knife to score top into 12-16 pieces before topping has completely set. Now refrigerate at least two more hours to set topping.
- To serve; run sharp knife over scored lines.
- Note: Butter sometimes seeps through pan during baking. I recommend putting a foil-lined cookie sheet on bottom rack below cake.
I loved this one. Oh so smooth and creamy! I didn't have instant espresso coffee powder so I used instant coffee granules. I had some mascarpone cheese left over from another recipe so I replaced 1/2 cup of the cream with 1/2 cup of the mascarpone. I also added 1 T. of kahlua to the vanilla/coffee mixture.