Recipe by Lennie
One of my favourites to make during the holidays.
Top Review by Caissinha
These were so easy to make and they turned out really good. Lots of walnuts in it, and it does melt in your mouth. The coffee taste is not overwhelming, yums! Had to bake it a little longer (around 30 min) but still remained soft in the middle. Next time will substitute with brazil nuts!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, , finely chopped
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Have ungreased cookie sheets ready.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Dissolve coffee in hot water and stir into butter mixture.
- Sift flour, cocoa and salt into mixture and add nuts.
- Stir to blend well.
- Shape into one-inch balls and put on cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set.
- Roll in icing sugar while warm.
- Let cool and roll in icing sugar again before storing in a container with a tight lid.