Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Orange-y and delicious, this cake comes from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease/flour a 12" tube pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- Cream butter or shortening until well softened, add sugar gradually and continue until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and beat thoroughly.
- Fold dry ingredients into batter alternately with orange juice.
- Add nuts and raisins; fold in egg whites and transfer to prepared pan and bake about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Let cool in pan; turn out onto serving plate and frost with orange icing (Recipe #26165) and garnish with whole pecan meats.