Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Foodcourt column of the Weekend magazine. Here is a nice snack/appetiser.
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 small brinjal, sliced
- 1 small potato, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 green chilies, washed and slit in the center
- oil, to deep fry
For the batter
- 3⁄4 cup gram flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon dried kasuri methi, crushed between your palms
- 1 teaspoon knorr chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter together in a bowl.
- Add enough water to form a smooth and semi-thick batter.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Dip each vegetable piece in the batter.
- Deep fry until crisp.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Serve hot with ketchup.