2 hrs 45 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it's a good one. This will really impress your friends for a summer time BBQ- takes some effort but so much of it can be done in advance and then you grill the seafood at the last minute. You can simplify this, too, by omitting some of the seafoods or any of the ingredients you aren't in the mood for. If you're not into Nicoise salads, the dressing alone is a recipe worth trying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, sliced paper thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups flat leaf parsley, loosely packed and chopped
- 1 cup mixed herbs, chopped (chives, basil, tarragon)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- freshly ground sea salt, to taste
- black pepper
- water, enough to make to a good consistency
- fresh parmesan cheese, chunked
- 1 lb fresh tuna, cut into 6 inch pieces
- 12 large shrimp, cut lengthwise
- 12 large sea scallops
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 yellow tomatoes, quartered
- 5 eggs, hard-boiled,peeled,and halved
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 10 anchovy fillets, packed in oil
- 1/2 lb bacon, fried crisp
- 1 cup drained nicoise olive
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until combined.
- 3Must be done at least 6 hours in advance.
- 4Let stand at room temperature.
- 6Brush seafood with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Marinate red pepper and squash in a little salad dressing.
- 8Quarter new potatoes and boil 15 minutes; toss in enough dressing to coat.
- 9Steam or boil green beans 5 minutes and toss in a little dressing.
- 10Grill seafood and red pepper and squash.
- 12On a very large platter, place the potatoes in the center, surrounded by the green beans.
- 13Surround this with the shredded lettuce.
- 14Place the grilled seafood and vegetables atop the lettuce.
- 15Arrange eggs, bacon, olives, cheese, and tomatoes on platter.
- 16Place one anchovy fillet atop each half of egg.
- 17Salt and pepper the entire dish and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- 18Let guests serve themselves from center of table.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Seafood Nicoise Salad
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.8
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 200.7 mg
- Sodium 1280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: