Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make ahead and chill well. This colorful salad keeps for several days. Excellent fall and winter salad or side dish. Try it on hot dogs for a tasty change of pace.
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 cup coarsely grated raw turnip
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar or 3⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- Mix vegetables together in large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour liquid mixture over the vegetables.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Chill several hours before serving.