I got this reduced-calorie recipe from Family Circle magazine. According to the magazine, "English cooks made the original fools with pureed gooseberries folded into whipped cream, but mixed berries are also irresistible." The prep time does not include 50 minutes for freezing.
- In small saucepan, combine raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, orange juice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully add fruit mixture to food processor and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and place in the freezer for about 50 minutes, or until very cold.
- Place thawed whipped topping in a medium-size bowl; fold in yogurt and cooled fruit puree until just combined.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with berries, if desired.