1/1 Photo of Mixed Berry Fool (Reduced Calorie)
I got this reduced-calorie recipe from Family Circle magazine. According to the magazine, "English cooks made the original fools with pureed gooseberries folded into whipped cream, but mixed berries are also irresistible." The prep time does not include 50 minutes for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small saucepan, combine raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, orange juice and sugar.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Carefully add fruit mixture to food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4Strain through a fine mesh strainer and place in the freezer for about 50 minutes, or until very cold.
- 5Place thawed whipped topping in a medium-size bowl; fold in yogurt and cooled fruit puree until just combined.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7Garnish with berries, if desired.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry Fool (Reduced Calorie)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen light whipped dessert topping