Quiche Lorraine- Paula Dean's but Reduced Calorie
photo by TeacherLaLa
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Cover edge of crust with foil, take off for last 10 minutes of bake time.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 6 wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am middle school teacher in a suburban neighborhood. </p>