Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 hrs
I just added stuff I had lying around and it turned out pretty well.
- 1 lb dried beans
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 2 cups turkey breast, chunked
- 15 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, squished into bits
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Let the beans soak in the water overnight.
- Simmer the beans for approximately 2 hours
- Add all the ingredients except for the turkey, simmer for another 2 hours.
- Add the turkey and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Good stuff. I hit the random recipe button and found this one. I used canned beans and no carrots (ick). The rest went together nicely. Good comfort soup. I think some celery would be good too.