Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another veggie burger recipe from Australian food brand Sanitarium's website
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750 g four-bean mix, drained, lightly mashed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup plain whole meal flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- Turkish bread, toasted, to serve
- Heat oil in frypan and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Place in a large bowl. Add beans, cumin, salt, breadcrumbs and eggs. Mix well.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, form mixture into burgers and toss gently in flour.
- Heat extra oil in frying pan or on BBQ and cook burgers until golden on both sides.
- Serve on toasted Turkish bread with plenty of salad ingredients.