Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have had this recipe for years.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup nuts
- Mix shortening, sugar, eggs and cocoa together well.
- Add baking powder, salt, nuts, and flour and mix well.
- Put in 9x13-inch greased pan @ 300°F for 40 minutes.
- Remove and put marshmallows on top of bar cookie. Bake 10 minutes more.
- Let cool.
- Mix icing ingredients. Put on top of marshmallows.
Very, very chocolatey and gooey. Perfect Mississippi Mud. Made without nuts as my kids prefer their brownies without nuts so I didn't think they would go over here either. Made for CQ 2014.
Holy Cow, Lynn.....I've never had anything quite like this cake. I wish it had come out a little prettier, but I wasn't ready for the "Michelin Man" effect. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I halved the recipe and used a smaller baking dish. However, didn't affect the delicious richness. Thnx for sharing your recipe. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.
This was such a delicious desert. I made it when my inlaws came over for lunch and it was decadent and delicious and OH SO rich. We had other people around at the same time, and they were still talking about it today! Thanks for a perfectly fabulous recipe!