Recipe by Sharon123
I recently went on a legendary bluescruise and learned alot about the blues! :) Cook time is chilling time. Adapted from CDKitchens.
Top Review by averybird
A couple of blues fans here. Loved your pie, Sharon, and the story of how you got the recipe. I'll bet B.B. King, from Mississippi himself, would enjoy a slice of this wonderful pie ;-) I've got a big strawberry patch and when I saw this pie it went to the top of my list. Unfortunately I couldn't find chocolate graham crackers at the store and so I used a pre-made oreo crust which worked fine. However I'll make the real crust next time as I'm sure it is best that way. Thanks for a great summer pie.
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (or bottled, but fresh is best)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press firmly on bottom and up side of a 9" pie plate. Refrigerate until firm. Or to save time, you could just buy a chocolate graham cracker pie crust.
- Reserving 3 strawberries for garnish, cut off stem ends of remaining berries so they are no more than 1 1/2" tall. Arrange, cut ends down, on crust, refrigerate. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk; beat well. Add lime juice; blend well.
- Pour into prepared crust, covering strawberries. Refrigerate overnight (it will taste great). Whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff and glossy.
- Using a pastry bag with a decorating tip, pipe a lattice design on top of the pie, or just place neat spoonfuls across pie. Garnish with the reserved strawberries and lime slice. Enjoy!