Creamy Lime Mousse (Diabetic)
photo by jrusk
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (I use Cool Whip Free)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- lime peel, curls (optional) or lime slice (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and the boiling water; stir about 2 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in shredded lime peel and lime juice. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooled slightly but not set.
- Whisk in sour cream when dissolved whisk in the 1 cup dessert topping.
- Pour into six 6- to 8-ounce stemmed dessert glasses. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours or until set.
- If desired, garnish with the 1/2 cup dessert topping and lime peel curls or lime slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I LOVE to cook...it is very relaxing to me. A big THANKS to all the cooks on this web site for sharing their recipes and always giving me wonderful meals to make. <br /><br />Our pugs, Norman and Otis are the biggest foodies we will ever know. <br /><br />I'm another one of "those people" that read cookbooks like novels. I'm forcing myself not to buy anymore! because I don't really cook from them I just like to read them. I prefer using my cookbooks and recipes online because they take up less space and are always accessible. <br /><br /><br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" /></p>