Sandy's Mississippi Delta Cathead Biscuits
- Ready In:
- Blend above ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Dump a hand full of flour on a pastry cloth or whatever.
- A brown paper sack also works.
- Newspaper also works just fine.
- Dump the blended dough onto the flour.
- Pour a dash of oil into your skillet and smear it around with your fingers.
- Coat the inside of the skillet and the palms of your hands with oil.
- Knead the dough for about 30 seconds, rolling it in the flour and thickening it.
- Halve the dough.
- Halve it again, making 4 pieces of dough.
- Roll each piece of dough between your hands, making it into a ball, then put it in the skillet.
- Use a spoon or a pastry brush and put a little oil or bacon drippings on the top of each unbaked biscuit.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Broil/toast for 1 or 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!I made it this morning to go with sausage gravy,and we all ended up eating just the biscuits.The only thing I did different was to triple the recipe.And they turned out huge and fluffy with great flavor.Definately a recipe that will be used by my family over and over.