1 hr 30 mins
This spicy soup from Shawn McClain, chef at Green Zebra in Chicago, is rich in immunity-enhancing vitamin A. Taken from Self Magazine. I have yet to try it, but looks yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons white miso, plus more to taste
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1Heat oven to 375˚. Prick holes in potatoes. Bake on a baking sheet until soft, turning once, about 1 hour.
- 2Cool, then peel and mash.
- 3Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and shallot, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pepper flakes. Stir garlic mixture, salt and pepper into potatoes.
- 4Place bok choy, sprouts and edamame in a pot with 2 cups water and set aside.
- 5Lay 1 wonton wrapper in palm of hand. Drop a heaping tbsp of potato mixture in the center and make a fist to gather edges. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Set dumplings on top of vegetables in pot.
- 6Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until wrappers are translucent, 3 to 6 minutes.
- 7Divide veggies and dumplings among 4 bowls.
- 8Add 4 cups water to pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 9Add miso, stirring until it dissolves. Divide among bowls; top with scallions.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Soup With Sweet Potato Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 1029.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 16.1 g