Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in an online newspaper.
- 2 tablespoons sweet white miso
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- percent lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese-style)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- salt, to taste
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high or prepare a charcoal fire.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the miso, soy sauce and ginger. Add the ground turkey, scallions, breadcrumbs and black pepper. Gently but thoroughly mix together. Shape into 4 patties, each about 3/4 inch thick.
- To oil the grill grates, dampen a folded paper towel with vegetable oil, hold it with tongs and rub it over the grates.
- Grill the burgers until well browned on the underside, about 4 to 5 minutes. With a metal spatula, turn the burgers over carefully. Grill for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until the burgers reach 165 F at the thickest part.
- Meanwhile, toast the buns at the edge of the grill. Season the burgers with salt. Dress the burgers with condiments and vegetables as desired.