Recipe by Spice girl
This dish goes well with biryani it has a lot of ingredients but the results turn out wonderful and the taste is exceptional.
- 500 g large green chilies
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp, ball
- 1 cup water
- 16 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 onion, finley chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons cashew nuts
- 12 peanuts
- 2 inches dry coconut, grated
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 -5 tablespoons oil
- 12 curry leaves
- 2 red chilies, broken
Directions See How It's Made
- First of all you soak the tamrind ball in water and extract pulp.
- Chop six cloves garlic and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and roast sesame seeds, cashew nuts, peanuts, desiccated coconut, corinader seeds, cumin seeds and onion and grind to a paste.
- Grind ginger remaining garlic, chilli powder and turmeric together.
- Mix both the pastes and add salt to taste.
- Set aside.
- Silt chilles, stem intact.
- Heat oil add chopped garlic, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry a little before putting in the ground pastes now fry the paste till it stops sticking to the sides this happens quick now add the chillies and tamring pulp.
- Cook covered on slow heat, till tender.