Adapted from Fine Cooking magazine, this is a nice side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup corn, cut off cob (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped (about 1 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Melt 1 tbls. of butter with olive oil in a 10" saute pan over medium low heat. Add onions and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally till onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Uncover, raise heat to medium high and cook until onions are a light golden brown. Stir often, about another 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add remaining 1 tbls. butter and zucchini. Cook another 3 minutes.
- 4Add corn, garlic and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring frequently, scraping bottom of pan to get up the little bits, about 3-4 more minutes.
- 5Add cumin, cook and stir another 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat.
- 6Add all but 1/2 tbls. mint, basil, chives and parsley. Add a few grinds of fresh pepper, a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- 7Stir, let sit for 2 minutes, stir again. Season to taste with more salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- 8Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tbls. mint over top.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minty Corn and Zucchini Saute
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 54.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g