Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sometimes cooking experiments yield fantastic results! After a long day of building Halloween booths at our church, it was one of those evenings where we just look in the fridge and make do with what we find. Hubby said scrambled eggs would be fine, but trout and mint were begging to be used. This is the happy result!
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces trout fillets
- salt, pepper
- In a small skillet, toast the sliced almonds until a golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, then add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add the lemon juice and mint. Cook and stir for one minute.
- Season the trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- Add the trout filets, skin side UP. Cook for three minutes, then turn.
- Cook, skin side down, until fish flakes easily.
- Serve and garnish with the toasted almonds.