1/1 Photo of Minted Trout Amandine
Sometimes cooking experiments yield fantastic results! After a long day of building Halloween booths at our church, it was one of those evenings where we just look in the fridge and make do with what we find. Hubby said scrambled eggs would be fine, but trout and mint were begging to be used. This is the happy result!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small skillet, toast the sliced almonds until a golden brown. Set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, then add garlic and saute for one minute.
- 3Add the lemon juice and mint. Cook and stir for one minute.
- 4Season the trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- 5Add the trout filets, skin side UP. Cook for three minutes, then turn.
- 6Cook, skin side down, until fish flakes easily.
- 7Serve and garnish with the toasted almonds.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minted Trout Amandine
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.7
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 146.7 mg
- Sodium 122.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 48.8 g