We catch a lot of trout here, and this is a great way to fix it!
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1 lb) pan dressed trout
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavities of the trout.
- In shallow bowl, mix eggs and half and half.
- Dip trout in egg mixture, then roll in flour.
- In small skillet, saute the almonds in 2 t butter until light brown.
- Add lemon juice and tarragon.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In large skillet, on med heat, combine oil and remaining butter.
- Fry the trout for 8 minutes, turn and fry another 8 minutes.
- Place trout on serving platter; top with almond mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is absolutely the best fish my DH and I have ever tasted! The seasonings were dead on, they were an excellent complement to the delicate flavor of the fish. The only thing we did differently is I filleted the fish, as my DH husband doesn't like looking at a whole fish and I don't like the bones, then we fried the fillets about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. We don't like a lot of fish so we don't have it much, but this is going into our "Favorite Recipes" cookbook and we can't wait to make it again. Thanks for posting!