Recipe by *Nabiha*
This is a recipe from foodfit.com that I simply had to post mainly because this is a very simple dish to make with basic ingredients and yet so flavorful. The mint adds a very pleasant dimension to this stew. Serve it with a simple Rice Pilaf.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb stew meat, cubed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped tomato (canned is fine too)
- 10 dried apricots, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a stew pot.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Season the lamb well with salt and pepper and add it to the pot. Sear the lamb cubes well on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock. Turn the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add the apricots. Cover and cook until the lamb is very tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the stew from the heat and stir in the mint.
- Serve immediately with rice.