1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe from foodfit.com that I simply had to post mainly because this is a very simple dish to make with basic ingredients and yet so flavorful. The mint adds a very pleasant dimension to this stew. Serve it with a simple Rice Pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a stew pot.
- 2Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Turn the heat to medium-high. Season the lamb well with salt and pepper and add it to the pot. Sear the lamb cubes well on all sides.
- 4Add the tomatoes and chicken stock. Turn the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for 45 minutes.
- 5Add the apricots. Cover and cook until the lamb is very tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Remove the stew from the heat and stir in the mint.
- 7Serve immediately with rice.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minted Lamb Stew With Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 135.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 37.1 g