Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came about after I made and reviewed Wite Shadow's mint and ginger syrup. I had bunches of mint to harvest so I created this very simple way to have it on hand throughout the winter. After the syrup has cooled pour into ice cube trays and freeze, then pop into freezer bags. One mint cube is perfect in tea, or in a salad dressing, a marinade, or in cocktails.
- Bring the water to a boil, add the mint and the sugar.
- Stir until all the sugar is melted and lower the heat to a slow simmer.
- Continue stirring for one minute then remove from the heat and let steep for 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Strain and pour into ice cube trays.
- Freeze then pop the cubes into freezer bags and store until needed.